Max. capacity: 600 | Bedrooms: 0
From the glory of the Flying Scotsman, to the luxury of the Orient Express trains have always transported, inspired and entertained us.
The National Railway Museum's dedicated conference centre has been twice-named ‘Conference Venue of the Year’ in the Visit York Tourism Awards It offers a choice of 6 fully-equipped and recently refurbished suites, along with adjoining breakout areas. Free parking and wifi for delegates comes as standard, along with ergonomic furniture.
The awe-inspiring Great Hall - home to a stunning display of the finest locomotives, including Mallard - the world’s fastest steam train, is ideal for large receptions and dinners.
The stunning platform setting of Station Hall, with its unique, luxurious collection of Royal Carriages caters for award ceremonies and gala dinners up to 600 guests.
CHS Awards - Best Unusual Event Space 2017 - Highly Commended
Tourism and Hospitality Business of the Year - York Press Business Awards 2015
Tourism Event of the Year (Mallard 75) - White Rose Awards 2014
Visitor Experience of the Year (Mallard 75) - Visit York Tourism Awards 2014
Conference Venue of the Year - York Tourism Awards (Visit York) 2013
Welcome to Yorkshire 'White Rose Awards' 2013 - 'Business Tourism Award' Finalist - Highly Commended
The NRM events team is committed to creating sustainable events.
- Serve filtered water in all conferences rather than bottled water
- Have signed up the 10:10 campaign, which is aiming to cut 10% of the UK’s emissions in 2010.
- Have recycling bins in all conference rooms
- Use seasonal and local produce where possible for buffets and dinners
- Encourage delegates to use public transport
- Use recycled stationery and pencils in our conference rooms